April Steel Processing Dearborn, MI, is a Tier 1 supplier in business over 40 years. We have an excellent opportunity available for Tool & Die Repair. Primary responsibility is to troubleshoot and repair tools/dies, fixtures and machines throughout the plant and assist with all functions of the tool room. Responsible for quality of workmanship and ensuring completion of tasks. Able to troubleshoot and repair dies.
- Individual should have demonstrated mechanical aptitude and experience working in a manufacturing setting.
- Working with hand tools, measuring instruments and machine shop tools such as mills, lathes, saws, grinders, and drilling machines is necessary.
- Willingness to learn the concepts of MIG/TIG welding
- Ability to quickly learn complex tool repair techniques
- Willingness to learn to troubleshoot dies and repair machinery and fixtures throughout the plant.
- Assists in ensuring safety standards and compliance with work rules are consistently followed throughout tool room. Reports any and all safety issues immediately to department manager.
- Must have a journeyman die repair card